- Call Us : +233-(0)24 710 5589
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: No. P. B. 31 P.O. BOX 01130, Osu – Accra
2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE || July 27 & 28
❝ There are risks and costs to programs of action, but they are far less than the long range risks and cost of comfortable inaction.❞ –J.F. Kennedy
The Association is organizing its 2017 International Conference scheduled to commence on July 27 and end July 28 at University of Ghana Legon. The theme for the Conference is "Home Economics for Sustainable Job Creation and Healthy Lifestyle in Ghana/Africa".
The theme for the year’s conference throws light on a broad spectrum of contemporary perspectives, methods, and applications, which investigate those processes and outcomes that are associated with sustainable job creation and healthy lifestyle. Particularly, discussions will focus on the combination of theory and practice under the sub-themes listed below.
- Guaranteeing our future: local foods, innovation and value addition
- Sustaining food security through processing and packaging
- Healthy living and work life balance
- Culture, tourism, textiles and entrepreneurship
- Child development and wellbeing
- Sustainable/renewable energy in the home
- Rural urban migration, street hawking and kayayei
- Natural resource management, environmental sanitation and national development.
Over forty (4o) researchers from Nigeria, Finland, and Ghana have submitted research papers on diverse issues in relation to the sub-topics in the above list.
A professional development-training program is designed to train First and Second (1st and 2nd) Cycle School Teachers in related fields across the country. The objective of the training program is to sharpen their skills for effective teaching and learning in the various schools in Ghana.
Copyright © 1965 - 2017 | Ghana Home Economics Association | All Rights Reserved | Developed by ecals